Thursday, November 3, 2011

Inked

I finally finished the painting portion which meant moving onto the next part; inking. Last week I covered the whole painting in black ink in the morning and by the afternoon I was able to rinse it off. Once it was dry I began working back into it with the colored pencil. It's been a little disheartening because I had been so enthusiastic about the painting itself, and I'm having a little bit of trouble with the colored pencil. It isn't exactly turning out the way I envisioned it, but I'm being persistent and sticking with it. I'm starting to wish that I hadn't jumped head first into it, but I'm working with what I have. I know that if I keep working diligently on it I will be able to work around any troubles I had before. I have before and after pictures of the inking process and hopefully I'll put up a couple of the painting with colored pencil sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment