Saturday, January 28, 2012

Side work!

I started this at the beginning of the year with no real idea of what I was going to do with it. It sat in the classroom covered in watercolor, modeling paste, and tissue paper for quite awhile. I tried to start a drawing on it with ebony pencil, but soon nixed the idea. After pondering over it for quite awhile, I just went on a whim and drew something that was vaguely animated and a bit too cartoonish for my preference. When the face was all finished I was at another loss as to how to add some sophistication to it. I went a little bit crazy on it, and this was the result. I'm pretty pleased with it, plus it was a ton of fun to work on.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely amazing! Lol, you are an outstanding artist I always enjoy seeing what you're working on, and this has been my favorite all year! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete